Believe it or not, fresh, raw, organic sweet corn doesn’t need to be burned on the barbie (or slathered in fats and oils) for you to sink your teeth into it. Just be sure to find some organic, good quality produce, as 90% of the corn crop (in the U.S.) is genetically modified (GMO).
While the sweet corn great on it’s own right off the cob, today I decided to use some to make a creamy, nut and oil-free pesto. You can always try my Kale Pesto and Pea Pesto, but this one is perfect for anyone who has allergies or is trying to keep their fat intake low. I poured my pesto over a bed of spiralized zucchini, but it can also work right off the spoon as a soup or as a veggie dip for tomatoes, celery, carrots, broccoli, and cauliflower!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Yield: Approximately 2 cups of pesto
- 2 Ears of sweet corn, shucked
- 1 Cup arugula
- 1/2 Cup fresh basil
- 1/2 Cup fresh cilantro
- 1/3 Cup fresh Italian or curly parsely
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/2 clove fresh garlic (optional)
1. Place all of the ingredients in a food processor (if you prefer thicker pesto) or a blender (if you prefer a creamier pesto) and pulse or blend until desired consistency.
2. Pour over your “zoodles” or get your veggies ready for dippin’ and enjoy!